Complete rules are viewable here.
Please review our Weapon Policy, we’d hate for you to show up and not get to use a piece of your costume.
If you have any questions, please send an email to our Cosplay Coordinator ([email protected].)
All submissions are closed! Thanks to everyone who registered!
Cosplay Dating Game
- Fictional characters need love, too! Night time is the right time for our favorite romantic game show from the 70s’, the dating game! Watch as a lucky cosplay contestant chooses a perfect partner from a selection from three eligible bachelors and bachelorettes, based on questions alone! Join our lucky star-crossed characters for an evening of laughs and perhaps… romance!
- Pageantry, craftsmanship, and fandom appreciation intersect at this, one of the most traditional of convention events. Cosplayers are judged by a panel of judges, and then show off their skills in front of an audience. Categories include Expert, Novice, and Youth, for the full range of creative talents.
- The Cosplay Skit Competition is a part of the Cosplay Competition. You may also enter for Cosplay Craftsmanship. Skits can be a maximum of 5 mins long, longer is permitted by the Cosplay Coordinator on a case by case basis. Skits will be judged by a panel of judges and awards will be given out after the cosplay competition. See Cosplay Rules for full details.
- The thrill of battle; the sting of defeat; the heady taste of victory. In this event, two characters enter the ring. Your cheers will propel your favored fighter to victory, and consign the loser to an agonizing defeat in the ring. Once a winner is declared by you, the audience, they will be given the strength to defeat their foe to sate your thirst for violence. Who will you cheer for, and who will be crowned the ultimate deathmatch victor of Genericon?
- Cosplay Chess is a modern twist on a classic spectacle during the Renaissance, where players stood on a field as pawns in a chess match, directed by two masters. In this modern interpretation, characters of all different fandoms and genres battle it out for dominance under the control of two masters. In accordance with the theme of the convention, this year, the two sides are the meek and the strong, or white and black respectively. It is not necessary to choose which side you want to be on, but if you feel that your character represents one side better than the other, you can certainly declare a side. If you do not declare a side, one will be chosen for you. Please keep in mind that any convention rules still apply at this event. As the date of the event approaches, you will receive a confirmation letter regarding your character position, as well as further instructions for what to do on the day of the event.
- Don’t want to sign up for craftsmanship but still want to show off your costume? Show up to Genericon and strut your stuff!