Do you like anime? Do you like music? Do you like combining music with anime, then why not submit an AMV!
Submissions are open! The deadline for submissions is February 18, 2017.
If you have any questions, please send an email to our Contests Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Best Action AMV, $20 dollar Amazon gift certificate
- Best Comedy AMV, $20 dollar Amazon gift certificate
- Best Drama/Horror AMV, $20 dollar Amazon gift certificate
- Best Romance AMV, $20 dollar Amazon gift certificate
- Viewers’ Choice, $30 dollar Amazon gift certificate
- Judges’ Choice, $30 dollar Amazon gift certificate
- Only 2 (two) videos per studio or individual
- Videos must be at least 75% anime (not video game). This is a rough number.
- Each AMV must be submitted into one of the following categories:
- Drama / Horror
- Video must have been completed after January 24, 2016, and before February 18, 2017.
- All content MUST be PG-13 (NO excessive violence or sexual nudity)
- Videos can be no longer than 7 (seven) minutes
- No multi-editor Projects
- No downloaded footage. RAWs are allowed if they are of high quality footage
- Each video may only be used for 1 (one) of the categories listed
- No logos/subtitles/TV station overlays
- No low-quality encodes. If we deem the video unviewable, we will request that you send a higher quality version. If you are unable to provide one, your video will be disqualified
- MP4 is preferred. If you submit a video (i.e. Movie Clip) of a different format, it will be converted prior to showing at the convention by our Contest Coordinator
- If submitting any lossless codec (lagarith, huffyuv, etc.) however, do not submit anything greater than 2 gigabytes
- 720×480 or higher is preferred (this means letterboxing might be helpful to you). If you submit in another resolution, your AMV will be resized/letterboxed prior to showing at the convention by our Contest Coordinator
Please note: If we have more videos than we have time to show then the judges will decide which videos to cut and which videos to show. All those who make it to the “Finals” will be notified by e-mail, so please be sure to include that on your submission sheet.